Tips to add a new post feature image
Pixel sizes for the wide feature image
Width – 1480px wide
Image appears at max width 740px, therefore ideal upload size is double (for retina screens) 1480px wide.
Height – 550px high
Ideal image height is approx one third of the height. So an images that is 1480px wide can be around 550px high.
Step 1. Resize and crop feature image
On Mac (need to edit this)
- Open the image in Preview App
- Click on the toolbox icon.
- Drag select an area of the image so it is approximately three times wider than tall. Tap Crop button (appears above image).
- Click on images dimensions icon (square with 2 arrows)
- If image is bigger than 1480px, then type width dimension 1480px.
- Scale proportionally tick. Resample image tick.
- Click OK to save.
To keep the original image, duplicate the image first. And perform the following on the duplicate.
- Open Desqueeze App.
- Select photo
- Select Use Template > Tap What Martina Did Feature
- Tap pencil icon. Drag part of image to crop.
- Go back arrow
- Tap Go!
- You will see the result and it will be saved to the photos in photo app
Step 2 – Rename image in Dropbox (iphone)
Use keywords where possible. This is a short article with more info: http://www.socialmediatoday.com/content/tips-writing-blog-titles-earn-retweets
- Open the Dropbox app.
- Open the Dropbox folder where you’d like to store your photos.
- Tap the + (plus) icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Select Upload Photos.
- Navigate to the photos you’d like to upload and tap it. (you may need to open Recent Photos to find it)
- Tap Next
- Tap upload
- Click on
- Tap “…” menu icon.
- Tap Rename and add the SEO name eg: museum-art-berlin.jpg
- Tap Done
Step 3 – Upload image in WordPress
- Open WordPress app. Go to dashboard.
- Select Posts, then open the post you want to add the image to
- Tap the Settings icon > Post settings top right
- Tap Set Feature Image
- Top Upload image
- Go to the dropbox folder and select the image
- Tap upload
- Once uploaded the image is added as the feature image